OUR MISSION & VALUES
WHAT IS JAYE MALTA?
JAYE Malta is a non-profit entrepreneurship education institution specialising in providing entrepreneurship education programmes to young people (aged 8 to 30) attending academic or vocational education institutions in Malta and Gozo.
OUR FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES
We are driven by our convictions that:
- The future of our economy is in the hands of our youth;
- By inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy, we are investing in our future.
To educate, empower and inspire young people so that they may transform their future and achieve entrepreneurial success in a global economy.
By establishing ourselves as the partner of choice in Malta and Gozo for businesses, educators and policy makers for entrepreneurship education we:
- Bring together young people and professionals from the business community, allowing JAYE Achievers to learn to solve problems creatively and gain a functional understanding of the world of work;
- Challenge today’s youth to take an active role in their learning, by discovering how they can integrate their knowledge as part of hands-on creative projects and manage their time and resources to achieve their goals;
- Foster a spirit of entrepreneurship among Maltese youth, which empowers them with the notion that the ideas of young people are the key to our collective future.
- Nurture young minds by teaching students to recognise their potential and think globally in their business affairs while developing projects that will make a positive impact on their community and the wider world.
More than 8500 students have already benefited from participating in our programmes,
More than 430 mini companies have been created... And so much more to come!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We deliver hands-on educational activities to students of all ages. Once they have enrolled in a JAYE Programme, participants form teams and they are paired with a Business Mentor with whom they will work during the whole programme. Programmes do not all have the same duration or schedule, but they share the same mission of empowering young people to be innovative. Whether the programme lasts 1 day or 8 months, the Business Mentors act as real heroes, guiding their teams through challenges, to overcome obstacles and achieve their goals.
At a closing ceremony of every programme, teams take part in a competition and present their work in front of an independent judging panel, whether this be a newly formed business idea or a finished product.