The EY Annual Attractiveness Survey outlines that Malta can only remain attractive to foreign investors if it builds a stronger pipeline of future talent and invest in skills.
In fact, the National Skills Gap Survey (2016) shows that the majority of employers (94.6%) stated that there should be more collaboration between education providers and employers.
In fact, 84.1% of employers declared that they are willing to participate in collaborative exercises with educational institutions.
What is JAYE doing about it?
“One might think that it’s only the [students] who got something from this but I can assure you that any entrepreneur, a businessman or any director gets something back.”
– Johann Zammit, Director of Strategic Initiatives at Netrefer
At JAYE, we recognise the importance of the need to provide real practical opportunities to youth in the world of leadership and business. As a desire to allow our youth to continue their learning by doing approach, we wanted to bring non-formal education and business representatives together. Leaders for a Day (L4D) brought Company Programme student entrepreneurs together with Malta’s top industry champions for a day of job-shadowing and true “learning by doing” experience. The intention of L4D was to have the students literally step into the shoes of an Executive for a day and get inspired by their professional insight. We offered our students a broad range of areas so that they can choose the one they are the most interested in.
The main objectives of this initiative was to:
- Demonstrate the connection between education and successful careers.
- Introduce young people to the demands of the labour market and help them build the necessary skills for success in the 21st-century workplace.
- Help expand their network and better position themselves for entering the labour market.
- Encourage the mentoring of young people by experienced professionals.
- Inspire a shared responsibility across all sectors for the development of a skilled, adaptable, and successful workforce that actively contributes to a dynamic and competitive economy.
Thank you to all participating companies:
Want to get involved with us in our Entrepreneurial Movement?
Student? Apply for the Company Programme on: jayemalta.org/apply
Become a Business Mentor: jayemalta.org/apply-mentor/
Volunteer with us: jayemalta.org/get-involved/be-a-volunteer/
Sponsor our work: jayemalta.org/get-involved/be-a-sponsor/